1. Chest Pain and Discomfort:
• The patient suffering from heart attack will feel pressure and tightness in the chest which can radiate towards chest, arms, neck, jaw or back.
• The pain can be in one arm or both the arms. The chest pain happens on the center or the left-hand side of the chest.
• The pain lasts for few minutes and can occur frequently.
• People may mislead the pain to be heartburn or indigestion. Often bloating also causes pain and discomfort in chest. In women, chest pain cannot be considered as a warning sign.
• Other symptoms should be checked along with chest pain such as discomfort in abdomen, pain radiates towards arm, neck and jaw, nausea, vomiting, etc.
2. Shortness of Breath:
The person suffering from heart attack will feel difficult to breath. The problem arises due to constriction and tightness of chest. The shortness of breath will happen even at rest and increases while doing physical activity.
People experience sudden dizziness or light-headedness.
4. Cold Sweat:
People who suffer from heart attack will sweat profusely and have cold sweats.
Other common symptoms of heart attack are nausea, vomiting, fatigue, restlessness, intense anxiety or general wellbeing.
People most often do not realize the symptoms of heart attack until there is an emergency situation.